January 1939 – West University congregation started with 39 present for the opening service. It was held in a member’s home. E.C. Coffman served as minister.
April, 1939 – The congregation started meeting in a theater building on University Boulevard
September, 1939 – The congregation began meeting in the elementary school building in the 3700 block of University Blvd.
March 1940 – All services moved to the West University Civic Center on Rice at Auden. They met there till December of 1949.
June 1942 – E.C. Coffman left the congregation of 60 members. T.B. Underwood Jr. became minister of the congregation.
December 15, 1944 – T.B. Underwood left the congregation of 75 members.
March 1945 – Basil Doran began work as local minister.
March 1948 – Basil Doran left the congregation of 85 members. Louie Welch and others preached until September 1948.
September 1948 – Wilbur White started preaching for the 65 member congregation
January 1949 – Plans were drawn for the auditorium of the new building